ARE YOU ABOUT TO BE THE BEST COFFEE TECHNICIAN IN LONDON?
If you are as passionate about coffee as we are, have an engineer's eye for detail and love taking machines apart and putting them back together we have your dream job. You’ll have the best team mates you could ever ask for, love being on the move whilst working for the most progressive speciality coffee out there…
Origin is growing. As a business we are tenacious and driven to succeed and our people share our ambition for success. We’re looking for a motivated, like-minded Technician to come on the journey with us.
We are an aspirational brand and positioned as one of the leading speciality coffee roasters in the UK and Europe. We source and roast incredible direct trade coffees where quality, seasonality, provenance, and traceability underpin our supply chain. We work at farm level building long term commercially sustainable relationships with farmers and cooperatives. We look to initiatives that support triple bottom line sustainability and in doing so balance purpose with profit… we’re part of the B-Corp community. Our key drivers at Origin are around quality, people, culture, and sustainability, to drive exponential revenue growth. At its most basic level Origin wholesale supply speciality coffee to the leading and most progressive speciality coffee and hospitality businesses in the UK and Europe. And because we do what we do so well, we also own and operate six of our own speciality coffee shops across London and Cornwall.
Origin is a place for people who love coffee – where good runs deep. Our spirited and energetic team are some of the speciality coffee sector’s leading lights and our food offering has the same high bar.
First off, you’ll have amazing customer facing skills. You are our eyes and ears for anything technical and our customers will rely on you to solve their machines problems. Your eye for detail will want to get to the root of the problem quickly. You’ll get to know the ins and outs of the world’s industry leading machines, stretching every part of your technical mind. What you don’t know in the beginning, you will in the end. You’ll like finding mistakes but not making them, and if you do, you’ll love solving them. You’ll be on the road, visiting London’s finest coffee shops, meeting the brightest of people and seeing the city at its most vibrant.
Previous technical experience – but if it isn’t from the world of coffee, we just need to know what it is, where you got it from and what it looks like. So, whatever it is, we provide the training so you get up to speed. We would then want you to train the next person.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Servicing, maintenance, installation and uplifts of espresso and filter equipment
· Specialise in customising La Marzocco machines and grinders
· Taking apart machines in preparation for painters to apply bespoke paintwork
· Refurbishment and restoration of La Marzocco
· Working as part of the technical services team
· The role will be customer facing so good customer service and personal presentation is a prerequisite
· Evening callout’s early starts and occasional weekend cover
· Full training provided including electrical installation.
THE BEST BASICS
· A full-time, permanent contract
· Pension contribution
· A fabulous working environment – in this instance, very much shaped by you
· Career development – optimising learning and training opportunities led by you
· Origin is going places so you get to grow with us. This is an exciting stage of growth for us and if you’re the right person, it will be for you too.
THE BETTER THAN MOST BENEFITS
· Working visits to the Cornwall Roastery
· Mental Health First Aid training
· Support with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
· Increase in holiday allowance for longer length service
· Free weekly coffee to take home – feature or mainstay
· Free coffee and hot drinks in any of our coffee shops, 50% off all food and discounted alcohol
· Generous discount for friends and family in all our coffee shops
· Overly generous discount off brewing equipment and like-minded brands and partner suppliers
· And of course, regular social team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee.
NEXT STEPS AND HOW TO APPLY
We invite applications from only the best people, so, once you have done your homework on Origin Coffee, please email your covering letter and ‘one-page only’ CV to Ellie Rowe, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org For your application to be considered, do include the job title in the subject line of your email. As you can imagine, we receive lots, so please make it easy for us to match you with our Technician role.
Due to the volume of applications, please do make sure your covering letter explains go into detail as to why working for Origin Coffee will make a difference, not just to your life, but ours too. We are an ambitious company with an incredible team of people, so we need to know if you are going to join us, what you are going to bring to the team, more than just ‘do the job’.
If you’re interested in the role, please don’t hang around though, we will close the role once we have found the right person.