DOES YOUR LOVE OF RELATIONSHIPS AND TALKING TO PEOPLE MEAN YOU ARE OUR NEXT CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT?
Working from our new Roastery in Porthleven, we are looking for an exceptional person to join our customer service team. You will be on first name terms with our wholesale accounts and be their Monday to Friday go-to. Our customers are everything to us and we recognise aftersales care and customer service is key to these relationships and we would like you to ensure they receive an excellent experience every time they get in touch.
We are an aspirational brand and positioned as one of the leading speciality coffee roasters in the UK and Europe. We source and roast incredible direct trade coffees where quality, seasonality, provenance, and traceability underpin our supply chain. We work at farm level building long term commercially sustainable relationships with farmers and cooperatives. We look to initiatives that support triple bottom line sustainability and in doing so balance purpose with profit… we’re part of the B-Corp community. Our key drivers at Origin are around quality, people, culture, and sustainability, to drive exponential revenue growth. At its most basic level Origin wholesale supply speciality coffee to the leading and most progressive speciality coffee and hospitality businesses in the UK and Europe. And because we do what we do so well, we also own and operate six of our own speciality coffee shops across London and Cornwall.
Origin is a place for people who love coffee – where good runs deep. Our spirited and energetic team are some of the speciality coffee sector’s leading lights, our food offering has the same high bar and so does our team. We are confident you won’t find better elsewhere.
You are a people person and building relationships comes so easy, you do it with your eyes closed. Your confidence stands out, bolstered by bounds of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude, so any customer service query you manage quickly and effectively. Your phone manner is excellent and as a natural problem solver you make any situation or enquiry look seamless with every outcome being a positive one. You are bright and adaptable and can move from one scenario to another without disruption or break in workflow. As a strong communicator and a quick learner, you navigate your way through situations, by following process and often at speed. You love a busy environment, can get your head down and work through a to-do list that’s always part of a bigger picture. You are part of a team but will be brilliant at making decisions based on experience and wider knowledge of the business. You are comfortable learning how to use multiple software platforms with Word and Excel your basic.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deliver outstanding customer service by phone, email and in person
- To provide account management and maintenance support
- To maintain accurate customer account information to include order history using our stock inventory and CRM system
- To liaise with relevant departments and ensure customer service requirements are met and communicated so orders are dispatched accurately and on time
- Accurately manage units and payments for all orders
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Origin’s product offerings so all conversation is accurate and informative.
- Everything has a solution and you are ready to solve it – your daily ‘can do’ attitude
- An excellent telephone manner whilst dealing promptly with customer queries whilst remaining patient and professional
- Strong verbal and written communication style
- Highly organised and efficient whilst working under pressure
- The ability to follow company systems and process
- An acute eye and attention to detail with the ability to identify anomalies and mistakes
- The ability to make suggestions to improve a process
- Effectively communicate with your colleagues in your team and other departments
- The ability to work with autonomy, part of your immediate team and across departments
- Computer literate including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and the commitment to learn digital systems as part of the day-to-day responsibilites
- Customer Service experience in wholesale but not essential
- CRM and Stock Inventory System experience preferable but not essential.
- A full-time, permanent contract
- Pension contribution following successful probation
- A fabulous working environment
- Career development – optimising learning and training opportunities led by you
- Origin is going places so you get to grow with us. This is an exciting stage of growth for us and if you’re the right person, it will be for you too.
THE BETTER THAN MOST BENEFITS
- Mental Health First Aid training
- Support with health, physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
- Regular appraisals and annual reviews
- Clear career path - commitment from us for your continued learning and development
- SCA training – we encourage all employees to become SCA trained. Every employee is an Origin brand representative and there is no better way to do this than know about speciality coffee
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Increase in holiday allowance for length service after two years of employment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free weekly coffee to take home
- Free coffee and hot drinks in any of our coffee shops
- 50% off all food and discounted alcohol
- Generous discount for friends and family in all our coffee shops
- Very generous discount off brewing equipment and like-minded brands and partner suppliers
- And of course, regular social team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee!
NEXT STEPS AND HOW TO APPLY
We invite applications from only the best people, so, once you have done your homework on Origin Coffee, please email your covering letter and ‘one-page only’ CV to Ellie Rowe, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org For your application to be considered, do include the job title in the subject line of your email. As you can imagine, we receive lots, so please make it easy for us to see you are about to Origin’s Customer Service Assistant.
Due to the volume of applications, please do make sure your covering letter explains go into detail as to why working for Origin Coffee will make a difference, not just to your life, but ours too. We are an ambitious company with an incredible team of people, so we need to know if you are going to join us, what you are going to bring to the team, more than just ‘do the job’.
If you’re interested in the role, please don’t hang around though, when we find the right person we shall close the position. If you need to know more, please get in touch by email or phone.