ARE YOU READY TO LEAD ORIGIN’S CUSTOMER SERVICE & OFFICE MANAGER TEAM?
Do you get up each morning and look forward to the challenge of leading a customer service team who thrive on acquiring and retaining customers? Do you have that ‘thing’ that means you’re successful because you understand what makes customers tick, what makes them happy and valued? Do you know your ability to build lasting relationships is good for business, good for the customer, good for your team and good for you? Are you as passionate about customer relations as we are coffee (ideally you adore speciality coffee too) then this opportunity is the next in your career…
Origin is growing. As a business we are tenacious and driven to succeed and all our people share our ambition for success. We’re looking for someone to lead our customer services team in our new Roastery in Porthleven.
We are an aspirational brand and positioned as one of the leading speciality coffee roasters in the UK and Europe. We source and roast incredible direct trade coffees where quality, seasonality, provenance, and traceability underpin our supply chain. We work at farm level building long term commercially sustainable relationships with farmers and cooperatives. We look to initiatives that support triple bottom line sustainability and in doing so balance purpose with profit… we’re part of the B-Corp community. Our key drivers at Origin are around quality, people, culture, and sustainability, to drive exponential revenue growth. At its most basic level Origin wholesale supply speciality coffee to the leading and most progressive speciality coffee and hospitality businesses in the UK and Europe. And because we do what we do so well, we also own and operate six of our own speciality coffee shops across London and Cornwall.
Origin is a place for people who love coffee – where good runs deep. Our spirited and energetic team are some of the speciality coffee sector’s leading lights, our food offering has the same high bar and so does our team. We are confident you won’t find better elsewhere.
You will have a proven record of building strong relationships with customers having increased their lifetime value. You’re an expert in diffusing a situation. You will know how to mentor and develop an excellent customer service team. You will know what toolkit they will need to be successful, achieving their own goals and company targets. You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, lead by example and know when and how to stretch your team. You will understand the fine balance. You will see and encourage customer feedback as the best form of learning, by getting down to the detail and implementing change and improvement. You will love to problem solve and see customer engagement as key to our business success.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the wholesale and retail customer services team
- Monitor all aspects of the customer service experience to troubleshoot processes and procedures, also improve the quality of customer contact
- Drive change control and continuous improvement with the customer services team to deliver excellent customer service levels
- Coordinate the sales team and integrate plans to increase customer satisfaction and achieve company goals – we want our customers to be the as exceptional as we are
- Effectively coordinate with the roastery operations to help manage forecasts and production scheduling
- Maintain a good knowledge of Origin’s product offerings and ensure that is reflected within the team
- Conduct and coordinate relevant training for the customer service team
- Oversea and improve our sales processes, across our digital platforms around fulfilment and inventory
WHAT ELSE IS IN IT FOR YOU
- A full-time, permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A full immersion into the world of speciality coffee including your own career progression – we will support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities
- We are going places and you get to grow with us. This is an exciting stage for us and if you’re the right person, it will be for you too.
NEXT STEPS AND HOW TO APPLY
We invite applications from only the best people, so, once you have done your homework on Origin Coffee, please email your covering letter and ‘one-page only’ CV to Ellie Rowe, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org For your application to be considered, do include the job title in the subject line of your email. As you can imagine, we receive lots, so please make it easy for us to see you are about to Origin’s Customer Service and Office Manager.
Due to the volume of applications, please do make sure your covering letter explains go into detail as to why working for Origin Coffee will make a difference, not just to your life, but ours too. We are an ambitious company with an incredible team of people, so we need to know if you are going to join us, what you are going to bring to the team, more than just ‘do the job’.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS BY SUNDAY 25 APRIL
If you’re interested in the role, please don’t hang around though, as we may close early if we get the right person.