WANTED: DIGITAL SYSTEMS MANAGER, PORTHLEVEN, CORNWALL
To drive the digital solutions of one of the UK’s leading and most progressive speciality coffee roasteries, just footsteps from the beach in a buzzing harbourside village in Cornwall.
Sharing knowledge, techniques and experience. Supporting exciting new growers in lesser expected regions. Developing experimental lots. Pioneering greater sustainability and transparency across the industry...we’re part of the B-Corp community. Origin is a place for people who love coffee – where good runs deep. Our spirited and energetic team are some of the speciality coffee sector’s leading lights. Come, join us...
Origin is growing. We have just stepped up our capacity with an exciting move to a brand new roastery, HQ and café/events space in the village of Porthleven, Cornwall. As a business we are tenacious and driven to succeed and we look to employ people with a parallel desire for success. And we’re looking for ambitious, like-minded people and a new Digital Systems Manager to come on the journey with us.
As our Digital Systems Manager you will play a key part in implementing new digital solutions, taking Origin to the next level, leaders in our industry. Driving improvements in all our digital operational processes, you’ll know what we’re missing, identify the solutions, roll them out and take our employee’s and end users on a user-journey so they are as on-board with them as you are.
A strong and inspiring digital creative, you’ll have significant experience of portfolio, programme and project management systems, approaches, and frameworks. You will want to tell us about the technical projects you have implemented, and we’ll be as excited by this prospect for Origin as you are of your achievements. You’ll show the right blend of passion, precision and technical curiosity of implementing solutions we’ll wonder how we managed without.
You will have demonstrable experience managing and delivering complex systems projects across multiple platforms including integrating platforms or other similar CRM systems. You will ace communicating with colleagues at varying levels of technical knowledge, we’re more coffee wizards than IT and that’s why we need you! You are agile, will immediately understand our requirements and translate them into technical solutions, with exceptional analytical, time management and problem-solving skills. By training our teams in the new software applications and content management systems you implement, including cloud-based productivity suites, you will feel the rewards play out as you take us to the next level.
We champion people here at Origin; this is a varied role with real scope for you to make an impact, both for your own career and for the business. This is a rare opportunity to push boundaries and progress your career, with the added bonus of being able to jump in the sea before or after work.
You make communication look easy. You can explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others.
We are an aspirational brand and positioned as one of the leading speciality coffee roasters in the UK and Europe. We source and roast incredible direct trade coffees where quality, seasonality, provenance, and traceability underpin our supply chain. We work at farm level building long term commercially sustainable relationships with farmers and cooperatives. We look to initiatives that support triple bottom line sustainability and in doing so balance purpose with profit. Our key drivers at Origin are around quality, people, culture, and sustainability, to drive exponential revenue growth. At its most basic level Origin wholesale supply speciality coffee to the leading and most progressive speciality coffee and hospitality businesses in the UK and Europe. And because we do what we do so well, we also own and operate six of our own speciality coffee shops across London and Cornwall.
The culture within Origin threads through everything we do. We pride ourselves on how inclusive and diverse we are. But we don’t rest on our laurels so continuously review our position and behaviours. We actively seek a range of attributes and characteristics in our employees, we know how this energises our teams and outputs and keeps us striving for the best.
Being part of the Origin team and working amongst industry leaders and innovative team members means you will benefit from a plethora of benefits including, weekly free take home mainstay and feature coffee, free coffee and discount food in all our Origin cafes for you, your friends and family. We also offer affiliate company discounts with like-minded brands, a cycle to work scheme, length of service annual leave allowance, and of course, regular social team events serving exceptional food, drink and of course, amazing coffee.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify and deliver multiple strategic digital solutions positioning Origin at the forefront of our industry; providing a digitally efficient working environment able to support wholesale, retail and online
- Identify, research and tender for new suppliers and “partners” to work with on the implementation of new software
- To manage and maintain the internal digital roadmap by identifying the needs of Origin’s multiple departments; developing robust processes and procedures in order to respond to operational demands and deliver organisational ambitions
- To keep abreast of the changing digital landscape, identifying ways to streamline business processes and maximise ways to futureproof the technology, from new innovations, identifying efficiencies or best practice examples
- Accountable for building the team’s capability to match changing technology needs by providing the required training and development
- Understand compliance issues around GDPR
- To provide oversight, development, upgrades, maintenance and ongoing administration of systems are undertaken
- Ensure all systems have standard operating procedures in place including workflows and responsibility for implementing and updating changes accordingly.
WHAT ELSE IS IN IT FOR YOU
- A full-time, permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A full immersion into the world of speciality coffee including your own career progression – we will support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities
- And before you think it can’t get any better, this role, living in Cornwall, and working with the best team of people you could ask for
- Ever set on welcoming the best people into our team, we're offering a support and relocation package for the right person.
NEXT STEPS AND HOW TO APPLY
We invite applications from exceptional people who wish to join us, so, once you have done your homework on Origin Coffee, please email your covering letter and one-page CV to Ellie Rowe Head of People and Culture, at email@example.com. For your application to be considered, do include the job title in the subject line of your email. As I am sure you can imagine, we receive so many, so please make it easy for us to match you with your perfect new role!
Due to the volume of applications, please do make sure you go into detail as to why working for Origin Coffee will make a difference, not just to your life, but ours too. We are an ambitious company with an incredible team of people, so we need to know if you are going to join us, what you are going to bring to the team, more than just ‘do the job’.
If you’re interested in the role, please don’t hang around as we may close early if we get the right person.