ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR….TO ONE OF THE MOST PROGRESSIVE COMPANIES IN CORNWALL?
But are not quite sure what it is you want to do? But you do know you are a fast learner, a quick thinker, a hard worker, super organised, IT savvy, a completer finisher and conscientious about everything you do. You may not long be out of college, you live in or near Porthleven so will be able to walk, cycle or even skate to work. If this sounds like you, we will start you on your journey of falling in love with everything coffee as our entry level role as a Production Assistant in our state-of-the-art roastery in Porthleven.
You will work in the roastery and be responsible for labelling, packing, and processing coffee orders in quick time. You will be a link in our production chain that keeps the roasting part of our operation running smooth and without error. You’ll need to be happy on your feet as there is no sitting down in this job, and you won’t mind last minute change. You will be as agile as we are, you will love routine, but you will like a new routine as much as an old one.
And we’ll get you SCA (Speciality Coffee Association) trained – the ticket to walk into a Barista role, not just in Porthleven, London or Leeds but anywhere in the world. Actually, we’ll encourage you to do that. And then we’ll welcome you back, if you come back…
- A full-time, permanent contract paying Real Living Wage – if you are close enough to walk to work, that’s a really good take home!
- Your career starts here. We will nurture you, train you, develop you and champion you in exchange for hard work and commitment
- Pension contribution following successful probation
- Induction across the company, Cornwall and London
- A fabulous working environment – there is nothing like our roastery anywhere else in Cornwall
- Career development – optimising learning and training opportunities led by you
- Origin is an ambitious company; we constantly strive to be the best so you get to grow with us. This is an exciting stage of growth for us and if you’re the right person, it will be for you too.
- You get to work with exceptionally talented people. A team passionate about coffee, creative, bright, and inspiring minds will show you what potential looks like
THE BETTER THAN MOST BENEFITS
- Regular weekend days off
- Mental Health First Aid training
- Support with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
- Commitment from us for your continued learning and development
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Increase in holiday allowance for longer length service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free weekly coffee to take home
- Free coffee and hot drinks in any of our coffee shops
- 50% off all food and discounted alcohol
- Generous discount for friends and family in all our coffee shops
- Very generous discount off brewing equipment and like-minded brands and partner suppliers
- And of course, regular social team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee!
NEXT STEPS AND HOW TO APPLY
Once you have done your homework on Origin Coffee, please email Ellie Rowe, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are the person living in Porthleven ready to be our Production Assistant.
Due to the volume of applications, please do try and make yourself stand out and tell us why we should choose you to work for Origin. We are an ambitious company with an incredible team of people, so we need to know if you are going to join us, what you are going to bring to the team, even if it means we are going to get you on your career journey, you will have something special and we want to see that from you, from the outset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY 25 JULY
If you’re interested in the role, please don’t hang around though, as we may close early if we get the right person.