We're looking for an Accounts Assistant to work with us on a maternity cover basis at The Roastery here in Helston.
Origin Coffee require an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their finance team on a full-time basis as maternity cover.
Working closely alongside the Financial Director and finance team, this is a pivotal role where the successful candidate will take a responsibility in the general accounting lifecycle. The role will be particularly well suited to a commercially minded, dynamic individual who is process led and has experience in credit control.
Origin Coffee is one of the leading and most progressive speciality coffee roasters in the UK. We were recently voted as the top UK speciality roaster (top 3 in Europe) in Allegra’s 2019 Europe & Middle East Coffee Awards.
Seasonality, sustainability, provenance and traceability are at the heart of our supply chain. Our core business is wholesale coffee supply for leading coffee shops, hotels and restaurants across the UK. Alongside this we sell coffee to home users and offices, as well as owning and operating our own cafes in Cornwall and London.
- Credit control on a daily basis
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Sales reconciliation
- General upkeep and performance improvements to the accounting systems and processes
- Weekly/ monthly sales posting and reporting
- Support in management accounts preparation
- Statutory reporting to include VAT, Office for National Statistics and payroll data
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Ad hoc reporting when required
The successful candidate will likely be:
- Graduate or currently studying their AAT
- At least 2 years’ accounts experience
- Experience in credit control
- Comfortable in a fast paced, rapid growth environment
- An excellent communicator with very strong commercial awareness
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Experience with Xero is desirable
For further information and to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you think you’re right for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is Friday 28th February (although this may close early if we find the right person before then)
Origin is committed to diversity and inclusion through its employment practices. Job applicants will not be asked questions in interview which might suggest an intention to discriminate. Vacancies are advertised with the intention to reach a diverse section of the labour market and we encourage people from all groups in society to apply. The speciality coffee industry is incredibly diverse and we hope to represent this in our employment practices.