Customer Services Representative
We're looking for an articulate and enthusiastic person to join our customer service team at the Roastery in Helston, Cornwall.
You will be working with our wholesale coffee clients, responsible for outbound and inbound telephone orders, improving wholesale customer support, and administrative processes. The successful candidate will have impeccable communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, a positive and energetic personality, and the ability to work well within a small team. A desire to learn more about the speciality coffee industry is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Daily outbound sales calls to existing customers, taking and processing orders and generating invoices.
- Telesales account management for existing customers to maintain customer retention levels, manage expectations and build relationships.
- Liaising with warehouse and driving team to ensure orders are picked and processed correctly for next day delivery through couriers.
- Inbound calls and order processing.
- General phone support for office.
- To support front of house reception area, welcoming walk-in customers and dealing with their enquiries.
- To provide administration and operations support to the senior management team where applicable.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience working as a telesales operator/administrator in an office environment, or in a customer service environment
- Diligent, professional individual with a fun, easy going personality and approach to life
- Articulate with good level of spoken and written English
- Excellent attention to detail, including ability to proofread customer communications
- Passion for great coffee, knowledge of the speciality coffee industry, understanding of artisan food & drink, or a desire to learn about it
What we can offer you:
- A fair and equitable working environment
- Good rate of pay
How to apply:
Please email Andy Phillips your CV and a covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Source. Roast. Teach. Brew.
Origin curate special coffees from around the world with over 90% through direct trade sourcing. Direct trade means Origin support their farm and mill partners by paying over and above Fairtrade prices, without exception. They travel to the farms and listen to the workers and their families. Being on the ground and seeing everything with their own eyes shows them how committed their partners are to environmentally and socially sustainable practices. The stories behind each cup stretch across continents and through generations of expertise.
Their roastery is in Cornwall where they roast on two Loring Smart Roasts (some of the most environmentally friendly roasters available). When roasting they blend sensory skill and technical expertise in order to respect the individual characteristics of the coffee beans and highlight the flavours arising from country, terroir, varietal and processing method.
Origin is shaped by the desire to empower and enthuse people at every stage of the coffee journey. As part of this their education team teach the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe’s Coffee Diploma and work with some of the UKs most awarded baristas, including the 2016 UK Barista Champion. For Origin, it’s all about precision and craft throughout the supply chain.