We’re looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team in London.
We own and operate five cafés in London including locations in Shoreditch, Kings Cross and Southwark. Each location represents what we believe is important in a great café; exceptional service, delicious speciality coffee, great food and a welcoming environment. As the General Manager you will be responsible for maintaining these high standards and for developing the offer, balancing both creativity and innovation with commercial success.
We aspire to be one of the leading and most progressive specialty coffee roasters in the UK. Seasonality, provenance and traceability are at the heart of our supply chain. Our core business is wholesale supply and retail servicing for independent and multi-site cafes, hotels and hospitality businesses across the UK. We supply prominent establishments such as the Soho House Group and The Hoxton Hotels.
We are shaped by the desire to empower and enthuse people at every stage of the coffee journey. As part of this our education team teach the Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) Coffee Skills Program and we have worked with some of the UKs most awarded baristas, including UK Barista Champions & World Coffee in Good Spirits Champions.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3-years experience in the speciality coffee industry preferably working in a senior role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- QC and development of of coffee menu; we are looking for a technically skilled barista that can roll out an ever evolving coffee menu of monthly features, limited editions and bespoke sourced lots of coffee.
- QC of food offer; ensuring consistency in food preparation and presentation.
- Managing customers and front of house experience ensuring continuity of service and maintaining excellent and impeccable standards at all times.
- Managing cashing up sheets, receipt reconciliation, managing till float. Weekly banking on specified days recording with banking slips.
- Opening and closing responsibilities.
- Ordering and supplier management; ensuring the premises are adequately stocked
- Stock management and control; including monthly stock takes, minimising waste, collection and consolidation of delivery notes and cross reference against stock in.
- Health and Safety compliance, and Food Hygiene [to Level 3] with training provided and implementation and control of SFBB [Safe Food Better Business]. Organising and maintaining deep clean rotation.
- Other duties as may be required.
- We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3-years experience in the speciality coffee industry preferably working in a senior role.
How to apply
- Please send a cv and cover letter to Sophie Egan, Head of Retail, email@example.com