Head Barista – Commercial Road, Penryn, Falmouth
Origin are due to open their latest café in Penryn (near Falmouth) and are looking for an experienced and established industry professional, with a strong background in speciality coffee to join the team as a Head Barista.
The key intention is to set the highest benchmark for coffee in the area, and promote a better understanding of what great coffee means to Origin. The café will be brewing single origin espresso and filter alongside monthly, feature coffees and special editions, which include directly sourced Geisha.
The company require someone who has a genuine interest in learning about coffee and looking after people, in equal measure. They should have the drive and energy to engage with the community as well as brewing great coffee. The successful candidate will be brewing on the only Kees van der Westen espresso machine available in the South West.
Origin Coffee are a leading UK speciality coffee roaster. Cornwall is their home, and the launch of the café in Penryn, epitomises everything they love and stand for. The town is built around the beautiful Fal estuary. It is an established harbour, which has naturally become a desirable place to live and work. The area also has a thriving student population with a keen interest in supporting artisan and independent businesses.
Origin are looking for people who:
- Are sociable and inclusive with a can-do attitude
- Love brewing and sharing their knowledge of speciality coffee
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience in the speciality coffee industry
- Can work 40 hours a week, opening and closing the café. We need people who honestly enjoy being up early
- Hold a valid visa to work in the UK
What Origin can offer:
- SCA training and certification from some of the UK’s best baristas
- Exposure to all areas of speciality coffee - brewing, maintenance, sourcing and roasting.
- A fair and equitable working environment
- Further career opportunities
- Competitive rate of pay
How to apply:
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter, which explains more about you and why you are the right person for the job to Andy Phillips, Operations Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).