We're looking for a Head Barista to join our harbourside location in Porthleven, Cornwall.
The Harbour Head in Porthleven opened in 2013 as was Origin’s first café. It commands impressive and iconic views out to sea with a beach and world class surf break on the doorstep. If you are currently working in speciality coffee and fancy escaping the city for the summer; then running our cafe as the new Head Barista might be the answer. We are looking for an experienced speciality coffee barista preferably with 2-years brewing coffee in a recognised café. The café is at the heart of the village therefore we are looking for someone who can make themselves part of the local community, as well as brewing incredible coffee.
Origin Coffee is one of the leading and most progressive speciality coffee roasters in the UK. We were recently voted as the top UK speciality roaster (top 3 in Europe) in Allegra’s 2019 Europe & Middle East Coffee Awards. Seasonality, sustainability, provenance and traceability are at the heart of our supply chain. Our core business is wholesale coffee supply for leading coffee shops, hotels and restaurants across the UK.
- Informed and enthusiastic approach to communicating speciality coffee to customers at all times.
- Knowledge of speciality coffee from within Origin and the wider speciality coffee industry.
- Good understanding of the day to day operation and upkeep of the coffee machinery, including ability to dial in, working with La Marzocco espresso machines.
- Developing and maintaining excellent latte art skills, outstanding filter knowledge and a range of brew techniques.
- Preparing and making coffee.
- Opening and closing down duties for café, cleaning down machines at the end of the shifts and cleaning of the café.
- Being highly presentable at all times, displaying positive body language and communication.
- A high level of cleanliness throughout service in all areas of the café.
For further information and to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Andy Phillips, Origin Coffee, email@example.com
Origin is committed to diversity and inclusion through its employment practices. Job applicants will not be asked questions in interview which might suggest an intention to discriminate. Vacancies are advertised with the intention to reach a diverse section of the labour market and we encourage people from all groups in society to apply. The speciality coffee industry is incredibly diverse and we hope to represent this in our employment practices.