Origin are expanding. We are increasing our capacity and capability with the commissioning of a new roastery build in the harbour side village of Porthleven, Cornwall. In support of this we need a Roastery Operations Manager that can drive improvements in all of our operational processes and support the next stage in the companies’ development. The role will oversee roasting, QC, warehousing, logistics, stock control and despatch. You must be a strong leader that is an established coffee professional with experience working on the ground in a speciality coffee business. This is an incredible opportunity, to achieve a hugely desirable work life balance, where you can drive the success of one the leading coffee roasteries in the UK, whilst living in one of the most desirable parts of the country. Experience roasting coffee is a necessity and a Q-Grade, or SCA qualification in roasting or green coffee is desirable. A support and relocation package is available for the right candidate.
Origin is positioned as to be one of the leading and most progressive speciality coffee roasters in the UK. As part of the B-Corp community our direct trade business model ensures we procure incredible coffee where seasonality, provenance, traceability and the farmers are at the heart of our supply chain.
Objectives and experience required:
- Oversee the day to day running of the roastery and warehouse; including weekly production planning and sales forecasting for mainstay and feature coffees; for wholesale, website and retail.
- Manage and inform the quality control process for all green and roasted coffee stock, through daily production cuppings and scoring.
- Oversee staffing of production, roasting and warehouse to ensure production and despatch is adequately resourced at all times, including shift management.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and organisation across the warehouse and roastery operations, with a working knowledge and understanding of safe working practices.
- Responsible for organisation and liaising with contractors on servicing and maintenance of roastery equipment, including roasters, labelling and packing equipment.
- Oversee all stock management and warehousing making sure an adequate stock inventory is maintained on green, roasted and ancillary items.
- Implementing and maximising the operational effectiveness of business systems including Cropster, Unleashed and Xero.
What you’ll get in return:
A competitive salary, working for a progressive, B Corp certified company. The role offers a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and energetic environment. You’ll get to drink award-winning coffee at work, brewed by trained baristas and take home a bag each week, as well as a discount for family and friends. We encourage all our team to immerse themselves in coffee, so you’ll have the opportunity to develop your coffee knowledge and brewing skills.
For further information and to apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Andy Phillips, Origin Coffee, email@example.com