We're looking for an experienced Training and Education Manager to work with us at our Scoresby Street location in Southwark.
We're looking to employ a Training and Education Manager to be based out of our coffee shop and training room in Scoresby Street, Southwark. The role will require the successful candidate to lead on all aspects of training and educational development including delivering all content relating to the SCA Coffee Diploma, Origin Basic Barista course and home enthusiast classes. We're looking for an experienced AST Trainer and the role would be suited to a knowledgable coffee professional looking to progress further in the speciality coffee industry.
Origin aspires to be one of the leading and most progressive speciality coffee roasters in the UK. Seasonality, provenance and traceability are at the heart of our supply chain. We inspire a culture of competition within the business, working closely with previous Barista, Cup Tasting and Coffee in Good Spirits Champions. It is a hugely exciting time to join Origin with multiple opportunities for growth across the business. Their core business is wholesale supply and retail servicing for independent and multi-site cafes, hotels and hospitality businesses across the UK. They own and operate eight cafes and espresso bars in London and Cornwall, including flagship stores in Charlotte Road, Shoreditch and Scoresby Street, Southwark.
Objectives and experience required:
- Management of training room and facilities.
- Development and implementation of all educational content and syllabus.
- Teaching SCA Coffee Diploma courses.
- On-site barista training and customer meetings where required.
- On-site auditing of equipment, coffee quality and barista skills where required.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience working in speciality coffee in a training or related role.
- This role will suit someone looking to further their career in coffee.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and with the wholesale team at events.
For further information and to apply:
Please send a CV and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Andy Phillips, Origin Coffee, email@example.com
Origin is committed to diversity and inclusion through its employment practices. Job applicants will not be asked questions in interview which might suggest an intention to discriminate. Vacancies are advertised with the intention to reach a diverse section of the labour market and we encourage people from all groups in society to apply. The speciality coffee industry is incredibly diverse and we hope to represent this in our employment practices.