A bitesize guide to brewing AeroPress.
- 14.4g roasted coffee
- Ground to medium consistency
- 220g of good quality water
- Pre-rinsed filter paper
- Pre-heated vessel
- Prepare all ingredients and equipment.
- Add filter paper to cap and rinse with plenty of water.
- Heat brewing water to 97°C.
- Place AeroPress in inverted position (widened sections on top and bottom of brewer, with screw cap facing up.)
- Add 14.4g of ground coffee to brewing chamber of AeroPress.
- Place AeroPress on scales and reset to zero.
- Start timer and add 220g of water (scale reading 220g).
- Stir five times and ensure all grounds are wet and screw cap on the top of the AeroPress.
- Brew until timer reads 1:30 (90 seconds).
- Carefully flip AeroPress on top of the vessel. Press down firmly on the AeroPress to filter the brewed coffee. This should take approximately 30 seconds; if it takes a lot longer, the grind may be too fine and if it takes less than 30 seconds, the grind may be too coarse.
- Enjoy your brew.