To get the best results out of your home brews, our professional training team have created a series of guides for our favourite methods, so you can achieve delicious balance in your cup, and continue enjoying great coffee at home.
The Bodum Caffettiera is our French Press of choice thanks to its advanced design features giving a deliciously clean cup. Brewing features include fine double micro-filters which get behind the grinds and filter twice, removing greater sediment for a smooth brew.
- Prepare all ingredients and equipment
- Heat brewing water to 97°C
- Ensure cafetiere is clean and pre-warm with hot water. Dispose of water and dry when warm
- Add 19.5g ground coffee to cafetiere
- Place cafetiere on scale and reset to zero
- Add 300ml of water to cafetiere in a circular motion, ensuring all grinds are immersed
- Stir 4-5 times
- Add plunger to top of cafetiere and allow to brew for four minutes
- Stir 4-5 times and remove plunger, skim off top layer of coffee with two tablespoons and dispose
- Replace plunger and plunge remaining ground coffee and pour (ideally through a fine strainer) into pre-warmed serving cups or decanter.
- Grind coffee on a coarse setting: using the hand grinder, set burrs to the tightest and unwind 7-8 clicks