Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
The microclimate in Sidama leads to a unique and complex coffee flavour profile.
Harbegona washing station is situated in Bochesso Maleko village in the Sidama region of Ethiopia. This region extends across lush highlands south of Lake Awasa.
The elevation of Harbegona washing station reaches 2,350 masl, which means that the maturation time of the coffee that’s grown here is much slower, resulting in more sweetness and acidity in the cherries.
Local coffee farmers here mostly grown coffee trees in their backyard. Once the coffee cherries are ripe enough, the farmers pick the coffee and sell it to the local coffee washing stations, who process the coffee on behalf of them.
This coffee was fermented for 12-14 hours until the sugar on the mucilage dissolved. This process imparts a deliciously sweet flavour profile with notes of blueberry and apricot.
- Country: Ethiopia
- Method: Washed
- Producer Harbegona Washing Station
- Region: Sidama
- Varietal: Mixed Heirloom
- Elevation: 2,350 masl
- Price to Producer: N/A
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.