Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
When tasting Kii, its bright and vibrant acidity immediately captured our senses.
This is the fourth time we have had the pleasure of roasting this lot of coffee from the Rungeto Farmers Cooperative Society. Coffee from Kii always captures a unique perspective on the Kenyan coffee flavour profile. This year it is even more refreshingly citrus and delicate.
Built in 1953, the Kii washing station is located in Kirinyaga County sitting in the heart of one of Kenya’s best regions for producing coffee. The farmers that come to the Kii station are like many across Kenya. They grow coffee on their small farms as part of a cash crop which acts as one of the largest sources of revenue for them each year.
The coffee often grows beside tea and fruit and is almost always the varietal K7 and the two famous varietals from Scotts Laboratories the SL 28 & 34.
- Country: Kenya
- Method: Washed
- Producer: 850 Smallholder
- Region: Kirinyaga
- Varietal: SL-28, SL34 & Batian
- Elevation: 1,600 - 1,800 masl
- Price to Producer: N/A
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.