Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
This coffee is complex and elegant.
The Muthuaini factory in Nyeri county, Kenya acts as a wet mill, providing services to process coffees for the local coop of farmers who normally owns small acre of plots with as few as 190 trees on their land.
The coffee farms that are surrounded around Muthuaini are situated 1900 masl. This high altitude provides crisp and bright acidity in the cup and is the hallmark profile of coffee in Kenya.
In Kenya, all of the factories are owned by its member farmers. Depending on the purchasing price or conveniency, coffee farmers are free to decide which factories to sell cherries to.
- Country: Kenya
- Method: Washed
- Producer: Muthuaini Factory
- Region: Nyeri
- Varietal: SL28, SL34, Batia
- Elevation: 1,900 masl
- Price to Producer: N/A
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.