Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
Showcasing how different processing methods can impact flavour profile with a Trio release from Indonesia. This is the washed process.
The Barokah Cooperative sits at the foot of Mount Kerinci, the highest active volcano in Indonesia. This area is located in the Ring of Fire, a path of over 450 volcanoes that wraps around the Pacific Ocean which is highly unstable with frequent eruptions and plate movements. Despite the unique environment, the volcanic soil is extremely lush and fertile, making it the perfect terroir for growing outstanding coffee.
This washed coffee process involves placing coffee cherries in buckets to ferment overnight. The mucilage that was attached to the cherries, is then removed by water the following day. The coffee is then placed on patios to dry, before being moved again onto raised beds, which provides shade and better airflow.
In the final cup you can expect a crisp blackberry-like acidity, refreshing yuzu citrus notes alongside a clean mouthfeel.
- Country: Indonesia
- Method: Washed
- Producer: Barokah Washing Station
- Region: Sumatra
- Varietal: Andung Sari, Sigarar Utang
- Elevation: 1,400 - 1,700 masl
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.