Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
A special single origin for Christmas
This coffee comes from Welichu Wachu washing station, who operate 6 other washing stations in the Guji region. The team involved in its inception have over 20 years of experience in coffee agronomy and processing.
The soil in Guji region is extremely fertile, providing plenty of nutrients to the coffee trees here. This coffee was grown by local smallholder farmers in the Demicha sub-area of Harsu Haro Muda kebele in Uraga district within Guji region of Ethiopia.
The coffee cherries were floated in water to remove defects, before being dried on a raised bed. The workers agitate the cherries twice an hour to allow for uniformed drying.
Demicha has a complex flavour profile, which tastes like tropical juice. You can expect a bright acidity and syrupy texture in the final cup.
- Country: Ethiopia
- Method: Natural
- Producer: Welichu Wachu
- Region: Guji
- Varietal: Mixed Heirloom
- Elevation: 2,050 - 2,300 masl
- Price to Producer: N/A
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.