Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
Showcasing how different processing methods can impact flavour profile with a Trio release from Burundi. This is the natural process.
The Gakenke Washing Station dedicate their work towards helping drive improvements of quality, equity, and traceability of Burundian coffee. With around 2,685 registered coffee producers, that each have an average of 250 trees, often grown in back gardens and wild areas. All spread over the 22 hills of the Gatare commune in Kayanza.
When we approached Gakenke last year, we were amazed to hear of the incredible coffee quality in the area and this natural process is no exception. The coffee cherries received endless enrichment from the pulps that were dried under direct sunlight. Carrying more sweetness than it’s washed and honey counterparts, with bold and tart Damson stone-fruit flavours, balanced with tropical pomegranate notes and a dark chocolate base.
- Country: Burundi
- Method: Natural
- Producer: Gakenke Washing Station
- Region: Kayanza Province
- Varietal: Bourbon
- Elevation: 1,500 - 1,800 masl
- Price to Producer: USD/LB: $N/A
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.
- MTManuel T.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method CafetiereCoffee Preferences Natural ProcessCountry Preference Rwanda9 seconds agoPreferred Brewing Method CafetiereCoffee Preferences Natural ProcessCountry Preference RwandaRated 5 starsDelicious coffee and excellent customer service
I ordered several packs of single origin coffee, one of them being Gakenke (Natural). It has a fulsome, rich, yet delicate flavour - a must try. I favour coffee produced in Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia, but this one - originating in Burundi - and Aqi Badu - produced in China and also via Natural process - have proved a refreshing and delicious experience.
Because I decided to change the order after placing it, I caused a minor mishap with the delivery. Still, the stellar Origin customer service got this lovely coffee to us fast and painlessly. A happy experience throughout.Was this helpful?
- SBSarah B.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method CafetiereCoffee Preferences Natural Process, Washed Process, Experimental ProcessCountry Preference I Don't Have One3 hours agoPreferred Brewing Method CafetiereCoffee Preferences Natural Process, Washed Process, Experimental ProcessCountry Preference I Don't Have OneRated 5 starsExcellent
Delicious, smooth and rich. Used in my cafetière, espresso and Chemex makers. Excellent in all of them.Was this helpful?
- GOGerry O.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method CafetiereCoffee Preferences I Don't Have OneCountry Preference I Don't Have OneYesterdayPreferred Brewing Method CafetiereCoffee Preferences I Don't Have OneCountry Preference I Don't Have OneRated 4 starsEvery day
This makes a v pleasant every day drinkWas this helpful?
- JCJose C.Verified Buyer4 days agoRated 5 starsV yummy
Nice aroma and balance.Was this helpful?
- MHMichal H.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method OtherCoffee Preferences NuttyCountry Preference Colombia1 week agoPreferred Brewing Method OtherCoffee Preferences NuttyCountry Preference ColombiaRated 5 starsA coffee that is different from the usual
I've tried many kinds of coffee sold in the UK. I must say, only handful were really good and different from the crowd. This coffee has perfect balance between strenghth, bitterness, and acidity. With a very unique smell, you know it's not a corporate coffee in your cuppa. Always use a freshly ground beans, the precious 2 morning minutes are still worth it.Was this helpful?