Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
Kayumbu is a beautiful Rwandan coffee that highlights its terroir.
Processed using the washed method, accentuating the inherent flavours of the coffee; leading to a clean, crisp & tea-like profile. Kayumbu Washing Station was built by the army, to support the local community which was receiving a huge volume of coffee cherries. Over a thousand coffee farmers live in the Kamonyi region, and deliver their coffee cherries daily, during the harvest season.
At the Washing Station, 80% of the surrounding fruit is removed during depulping process, before being moved to fermentation tanks for 10 hours. Following this, the coffee goes through the washing channel to remove any remaining fruit and identify any defects. The final step of this process involves drying coffee on raised beds and rotating periodically, throughout the day, for even drying. This entire process takes around four weeks, depending on the local climate.
- Country: Rwanda
- Method: Washed
- Producer: Kayumbu Washing Station
- Region: Kamonyi, Kayumbu
- Varietal: Bourbon, Jackson
- Elevation: 1,600 - 2,100 masl
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.