Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
A cup bursting full of apricot-like qualities.
Long-term relationships underpin our approach to coffee sourcing. Being open. Listening. Learning. Paying fairly. Working together to create an outstanding cup. This lot produced by Virgulino Muniz in Brazil, is a perfect example of that. Our partnership spans over 11 years and each year his crop seems to get better.
Named Lichia as it’s grown in an area on the Das Almas farm that is full of lychees, it has a Icatu varietal and was processed using an anaerobic fermentation technique. This involves placing washed coffee cherries in an airtight container to ferment for almost 3 days before being placed outside to dry. This method increases the acidic qualities and structure in the final cup which is bursting full of apricot-like qualities.
It’s so exciting to see Virgulino trying new innovative practices on a farm that been central to our work for so many years.
- Country: Brazil
- Method: Anaerobic Fermentation
- Producer: Virgulino Muniz
- Region: South of Minas Gerais
- Varietal: Yellow Icatu
- Elevation: 950 - 1,250 masl
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
LIVE TRANSPARENCY REPORT
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.
- RHRichard H.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences I Don't Have OneCountry Preference I Don't Have One3 hours agoPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences I Don't Have OneCountry Preference I Don't Have OneRated 4 starsDelicious
A very tasty espressoWas this helpful?
- PCPaul C.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences Bright, Sweet, FloralCountry Preference I Don't Have OneYesterdayPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences Bright, Sweet, FloralCountry Preference I Don't Have OneRated 5 starsCitrus flavours, consistently good
Really enjoying this bag of coffee, definitely one I would get again.Was this helpful?
- ASAlexey S.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method Stove TopCoffee Preferences BrightCountry Preference Brazil3 days agoPreferred Brewing Method Stove TopCoffee Preferences BrightCountry Preference BrazilRated 5 starsGreat option for filter
I really liked another coffee from Brazil for my morning filter, Trapia.
But this one is great as well.
Very fruity and fresh.Was this helpful?
- CMCristin M.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences4 days agoPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee PreferencesRated 5 starsSweet, fruity, tasty
This was a lovely espresso base for my flat whites... sweet, clean and fruity but not too sickly on the fruit front.Was this helpful?
- HSHolly S.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method AeroPressCountry Preference Ethiopia, Peru, Colombia4 days agoPreferred Brewing Method AeroPressCountry Preference Ethiopia, Peru, ColombiaRated 5 starsPerfect cup
Smooth taste, made with areopressWas this helpful?