If you know our Head Chef at Scoresby Street, Adam Tullberg, you’ll know he’s serious about the food he creates.
Our head chef, Adam Tullberg - pictured by Gary Handley.
We recently caught up with him at the shop and chatted through the incredible dish below, getting his step by step guide to producing this breakfast, lunch and dinner favourite.
Charred Sweetcorn, chilli, coriander and spring onion pancakes. Served with avocado yoghurt. Serves 4.
Pic thanks to our GM at the shop, Umair Arshad.
For the pancakes
500g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
3 spring onions
1 large red chilli (approx. 25g deseeded)
50g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 large free range eggs (separated)
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil, for frying
100g natural yoghurt
1 lime (juice only)
To make the pancakes:
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Char the sweetcorn in a frying pan in batches if required so not to over fill the pan.
- Allow to cool and transfer into a food processor or large bowl and use a stick blender.
- Sieve together the cornflour, self raising flour and baking powder and add to the corn. Add the egg yolks and sugar. Blitz to form a coarse purée, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Chop the spring onion and coriander and add to the mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until thick.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the sweetcorn mix.
- To cook the pancakes heat a frying pan with a little oil. Add a few spoonful’s of the mixture for each pancake and cook until the base of the pancakes are firm and have a nice golden colour. Flip the pancakes over to cook the other side. Once the golden colour is achieved transfer to a baking sheet and to the oven to keep warm whilst you cook off the rest of the mixture.
To make the avocado yoghurt:
Blend 1 avocado with 100g of natural yoghurt, a pinch of salt and juice of one lime.
Serve the pancakes with the avocado yoghurt, rocket and a chilli jam or hot sauce of your choice.
This dish previously featured on our lunch menu at Scoresby Street that changes every two weeks, to ensure we work with the best seasonal produce. You can also read more about our current menu at the shop here. Hope to see you in the shop soon.