Sam Marks - 8oz Cup
These beautiful ceramics have been handcrafted by the talented Sam Marks, a second generation potter based in Falmouth (Cornwall).
Sam’s inspirations vary from Korean and Japanese pottery, to the rugged British coastline. His work has a strong focus on function and form, which informs a simple, yet stunning aesthetic. We asked Sam to create a bespoke collection for our coffee shops across Cornwall and London and they’re now finally available for you to pour your brews into at home.
*Please note these are handcrafted so the size capacity may vary.
- Height: 8.0cm
- Capacity: 220ml
All ceramics are handmade and dimensions can be varied.
A blend of stoneware and terracotta clays. The top surface is finished with a glossy textured glaze which interacts beautifully with the iron rich clay with lots of variegation.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe yet hand washing for extra care is recommended.
- All products are handmade and so each holds subtle differences which are a reminder of their uniqueness.
- NMNeil M.Verified Buyer9 seconds agoRated 5 out of 5 starsMy Favourite Coffee Cup
I just love these cups. I’ve ordered them for home and work. They are just a pleasure to drink from and a great texture to hold in your hand.
- RJRyan J.Verified Buyer3 months agoRated 5 out of 5 starsBeautiful quality and design
I first encountered these cups at the Origin cafe in Shoreditch and I knew immediately I had to get them at some point. The rough textured/tactile feel of the clay in great and the shape and size is perfect for pour over and flat whites. No regrets in buying a pair and I find it hard to drink out of anything else.
- RRPVerified Buyer6 months agoRated 5 out of 5 starsBeautiful cup
It's a beautiful looking cup that is great to drink out of. It can be a little too hot to hold right when your coffee has just been brewed so you will want to let it cool a little before handling it, which is when it will be the right temperature to drink anyway. It has a rough textured surface which gives you plenty of grip when holding it too.
- JDJulie D.Verified Buyer11 months agoRated 5 out of 5 starsStylish coffee cup
Beautiful style and nice to hold.
- MSMatthew S.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 4 out of 5 starsSuper cool coffee cups
First came across these in the Origin Coffee cafe in Cornwall, and immediately wanted some. They’re in high demand so had to wait for them to come into stock and snapped them up immediately! I love them, but if you are put off by the rough feel of pottery in your mouth you might find them taking a little to get used to.