The Bodum Cafetiere is our French Press of choice thanks to its advanced design features giving a deliciously clean cup. Brewing features include fine double micro-filters which get behind the grinds and filter twice, removing greater sediment for a smooth brew.
For this recipe, we're using 15g of coffee for 250ml of coffee.
- Coffee: 15g (coarse grind)
- Water: 250ml
- Prepare all ingredients and equipment
- Heat brewing water to 97°C
- Ensure cafetiere is clean and pre-warm with hot water. Dispose of water when vessel is warm.
- Grind the coffee at coarse grind (granulated sugar)
- Add 15g ground coffee to cafetiere
- Place cafetiere on scale and reset to zero
- Add 250ml of water to cafetiere in a circular motion, ensuring all grinds are immersed
- Stir 3 times
- Add plunger to top of cafetiere and allow to brew for 3:00 minutes
- At 3:00 take the plunger out and gently stir 3 times. Skim off top layer of coffee with two tablespoons and dispose.
- Place the plunger back on and brew until 6:00 minutes
- At 6:00, plunge until the mesh filter is touching the surface of the coffee in the cafetiere
- Decant all the brew into a carafe or warm cups to prevent further extraction
- Grind coffee on a coarse setting: using the hand grinder, set burrs to the tightest and unwind 7-8 clicks