SCA Barista Skills Foundation | Cornwall
This module allows you to develop coffee knowledge and practical skills to get you started in your barista career.
From setting up your grinder to basic latte art patterns. Foundations of espresso brewing and daily equipment care. The SCA Barista Skills Foundation course is the first step for baristas on the coffee career journey.
See extra course details below and available dates and times through the 'book now' link.
All courses now include SCA certification, but there is a SCA student enrolment fee of £50 that must be paid before you can take the course. If you don’t pay this prior to attending the course, you will be asked to complete payment before training begins.
- Choose your preferred date, time and course
- Enter your SCA learner number in the notes (if you don’t have one, you can create an account for free - here
- Complete transaction
- Once confirmed, an Origin Coffee AST trainer will officially enrol you into the SCA course (this can take up to 5 working days)
- You will then receive an email from the SCA, asking you to complete the enrolment fee (£50)
- The enrolment fee must be paid before you can attend the course
- That’s it, you’re all booked and ready for the next step in your coffee journey.
- Setting your grinder
- Foundations of espresso brewing
- Basic milk texturing
- Basic daily care of equipment
- Green and roasted coffee principles
- The course will be taught from our Roastery cafe location in Porthleven
- Get directions - here