The Hario ceramic V60 dripper is a classic one-cup pour-over which creates beautiful coffee with minimal mess. Our easy to use brew guide below gives simple steps on how to brew the perfect V60 at home.
For this recipe, we're using 15g of coffee for 250ml of water.
- Coffee: 15g (medium grind)
- Water: 250ml
- Prepare all ingredients and equipment
- Heat brewing water to 97°C
- Fold filter paper and place in V60
- Rinse filter paper with hot water to remove taints and preheat vessel
- Grind the coffee at a medium grind (caster sugar)
- Pour the ground coffee into the brewer and gently shake to flatten the coffee
- Place the V60 on scales and tare (zero)
- Start your timer as soon as you begin pouring
- Using a circular motion, bloom the coffee by pouring 45 grams of water before 0:30 seconds
- At 0:30, start the second pour. This time pouring until 100 grams of water on the scales.
- At 1:00, pour again until 150g is reached on the scale.
- At 1:30, pour the final amount of water until 250g of water is in.
- Wait for all the water to pass through the coffee grounds
- Your finished brew time should be around 3:00 - 3.30 minutes
- If your coffee takes longer than 3:00 - 3:30 minutes to brew, make your grind setting coarser
- If you coffee takes shorter than 3:00 - 3:30 minutes to brew, make your grind setting finer