SCA Brewing Foundation | Cornwall
This module introduces you to a whole host of brew methods, taking you through theory and technique..
From water/coffee ratios to grind size basics. Introducetions to water temperature and some the core filter brewing devices such as V60 and Chemex. The SCA Brewing Skills Foundation course is the first step for baristas on the coffee career journey.
See extra course details below and available dates and times through the 'book now' link.
All courses now include SCA certification, but there is a SCA student enrolment fee of £50 that must be paid before you can take the course. If you don’t pay this prior to attending the course, you will be asked to complete payment before training begins.
- Choose your preferred date, time and course
- Enter your SCA learner number in the notes (if you don’t have one, you can create an account for free - here
- Complete transaction
- Once confirmed, an Origin Coffee AST trainer will officially enrol you into the SCA course (this can take up to 5 working days)
- You will then receive an email from the SCA, asking you to complete the enrolment fee (£50)
- The enrolment fee must be paid before you can attend the course
- That’s it, you’re all booked and ready for the next step in your coffee journey.
- Water to coffee ratio basics
- Introduction to grind size
- Brew time basics.
- Introduction to water temperature
- Introduction to brew turbulence.
- Basic brewing using equipment including V60, Chemex and AeroPress
- The course will be taught from our Roastery cafe location in Porthleven
- Get directions - here