Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
Our latest Mainstay single origin is full of apricot complexity.
This coffee was produced by four women: Arlete, Elizaveti, Idivane and Juliana. Idivane and her family operate a 350-hectare farm together. Her coffee provides the structure of Beija Flor, whilst Arlete, Elizaveti and Juliana provide additional layers of floral sweetness.
Women’s performance in coffee has grown exponentially over the last few years, and the demand for coffee produced by them has increased at the same rate. Showing that they can lead their businesses and gain space in the specialty coffee market, Beija Flor (hummingbird in Portuguese) demonstrates the success of their incredible work.
Beija Flor is a naturally processed coffee. It’s built up of yellow catuai and acaia varietals; yellow catuai is a very common coffee variety in Brazil. Acaia is a natural mutation from Mundo Novo, which is a much rarer varietal and provides the unique floral notes in the final cup.
- Country: Brazil
- Method: Natural
- Producer: Artlete Maria Pereira, Elizaveti Franco, Idivane Araujo & Juliana Bernardes
- Region: South of Minas, Mantiqueira
- Varietal: Yellow Catuai & Acaia
- Elevation: 1,000 - 1,150 masl
- Price to Producer: N/A
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- This coffee may be rested before being despatched.
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.