Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
This coffee is decaffeinated using an all-natural Sugarcane process.
Tuberosa is a collective effort by various small holders located in the Antioquia region of Colombia. Coffee from this region is special because it is grown in an ideal microclimate, with relatively cold weather and rich, mountainous soils. When choosing lots we look for coffees like Tuberosa that will work specifically well when decaffeinated; coffee that can undergo the Sugarcane process and still retain incredible flavour clarity in each cup.
This coffee is decaffeinated using our new and the all-natural Sugarcane process. This involves pressurising and expanding the coffee beans with light steam, before it's rinsed in Ethanol Acetate (EA), an organic compound created by the fermentation of non-GMO Colombian sugarcane. Mountain water and steam are then added to remove any remaining caffeine before the coffee is dried and delivered to the local quality control lab to grade quality.
- Country: Colombia
- Method: Sugarcane
- Producer: Various Smallholders
- Region: Antioquia
- Varietal: Mixed
- Elevation: 1,400 - 2,100 masl
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- This coffee may be rested before being despatched.
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.
- PLPeter L.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences Natural Process, Floral, Sweet, Bright, Experimental ProcessCountry Preference Colombia, Rwanda, El Salvador, Burundi, Panama11 seconds agoPreferred Brewing Method EspressoCoffee Preferences Natural Process, Floral, Sweet, Bright, Experimental ProcessCountry Preference Colombia, Rwanda, El Salvador, Burundi, PanamaRated 5 starsTuberosa Decaf
Great Title knowing the beauty in the plant.
Darker roast than normal but the sugarcane process works well as usual. A preferred process for decaf.
Being a little stronger less grams are needed - and the essence of dark caramel comes through - like a creme brûlée.
Great artwork and differentWas this helpful?
- EMEmma M.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method AeroPressCoffee Preferences Nutty, SweetCountry Preference Peru, Brazil, Colombia2 days agoPreferred Brewing Method AeroPressCoffee Preferences Nutty, SweetCountry Preference Peru, Brazil, ColombiaRated 5 starsHigh quality decaf
Once you’ve tasted Origin decaf beans you’ll never go back to anything else - it tastes like a different kind of drink to cheaper decaf. Really lovely for any kind of coffee - we use a mokka pot or aeropreas ground on a Niche and it’s fantastic.Was this helpful?
- RFRobert F.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method Stove TopCoffee Preferences Blends, Washed Process, Nutty, BrightCountry Preference I Don't Have One2 days agoPreferred Brewing Method Stove TopCoffee Preferences Blends, Washed Process, Nutty, BrightCountry Preference I Don't Have OneRated 5 starsFabulous Decaf
We have been drinking origin coffee for a while, never a bad bean, and the taste of this decaf is just as good, we are drinking more and more decaf now. ( although only Origin )
Amazing!!Was this helpful?
- ECEd C.Verified Buyer3 days agoRated 5 starsGreat decaf
Best decaf coffee ive foundWas this helpful?
- BRBen R.Verified BuyerPreferred Brewing Method V60Coffee Preferences Nutty, BrightCountry Preference I Don't Have One3 days agoPreferred Brewing Method V60Coffee Preferences Nutty, BrightCountry Preference I Don't Have OneRated 5 starsAll the punch, none of the caffeine
Delicious and full bodied!Was this helpful?