Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 delivery on all orders over £15 (UK only)
Order before 12:00 & get your order despatched same day (excluding weekends)
All orders of 1 or 2 x 250g bags of coffee will be despatched in a letterbox friendly parcel
Decaffeinated using our new and all-natural Sugarcane process.
Involving pressurising and expanding the coffee beans with light steam, before it is rinsed in Ethanol Acetate (EA), an organic compound created by the fermentation of non-GMO Colombian sugarcane. Mountain water and steam are then added to remove any remaining caffeine before the coffee is dried.
The carbon footprint of Santa Maria is significantly lower than previous decaffeinated coffees we’ve featured, due to the entire process taking place in Colombia. This coffee works specifically well when decaffeinated; coffee that can undergo the Sugarcane process and still retain incredible flavour clarity and sweetness in each cup.
- Country: Colombia
- Method: Washed / Sugarcane Decaf
- Producer: 15 Smallholders
- Region: Huila
- Varietal: Caturra, Colobia, Castillo & Typica
- Elevation: 1,600 - 2,000 masl
- Price to Producer - USD/LB $2
PRICE TO PRODUCER
- This is defined as the price paid to either the coffee producer who grows and processes their own coffee or the entity overseeing the primary post-harvest process. the UDS/lb calculation relates to the volume of exported green coffee.
- Espresso: 1:2 coffee to water, extracted in 28-32 secs
- Filter: 60-65g coffee per litre of water, brewed for 3-4 mins
- This coffee may be rested before being despatched.
- We create a new and unique profile for each coffee we roast. Although the profiles are different, our approach is always the same, to highlight and accentuate the flavours created at the farm and mill. This means we don't label our coffees as espresso, filter, dark or light roast. This coffee is omni-roast, meant to be delicious however you brew. We believe the heart of speciality is keeping the identity and character of every coffee intact and alive, no matter the brew method.