This hands-on course is perfectly suited to those who want to learn the fundamentals of brewing great espresso at home.
We're currently planning our schedule for the summer. Sign up to our newsletter and be the first to hear when new course dates are released.
This is an ideal course if you have a passion for coffee and want to expand your knowledge of the science of extraction. In this 2 hour session you will learn the importance of using a recipe to make espresso, how to understand grinder calibration, and taste your espresso to learn how to best evaluate the characteristics of a well extracted shot. You will finish with milk steaming; learning how to create micro foam and pouring simple latte art, with the option of using milk alternatives.
The course is taught on a La Marzocco Linea PB. There are a variety of home espresso machines on the market so we feel it is best to learn espresso-brewing principles in a practical environment with professional equipment, which can be applied to their personal setup at home.
We will send you a card with details of the event, be it yourself or a gift.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
- As much coffee as you can drink
- Origin Coffee tote bag
- Complementary 250g bag of coffee, from our mainstay coffee portfolio
- 15% off brewing equipment, online discount code
- 15% off hot food at Southwark, valid for one meal only (show confirmation email to barista)
- 2 hours
- Origin Coffee Roasters, 84 Scoresby Street, Southwark, London, SE1 0XN
- Get directions
- You will be instructed using La Marzocco Linea PB Espresso machines
- Both dairy and milk alternatives are available to use on the day.
- Maximum of four people on a course. Course needs a minimum of 2 people to run
- We will contact you at least a week before if the class needs rescheduling
If there are no suitable dates showing, please contact us for further information.