This hands-on course is perfectly suited to those who want to learn the fundamentals of brewing great espresso at home.
This is an ideal course if you have a passion for coffee and want to expand your knowledge of the science of extraction. In this 2 hour session you will learn the importance of using a recipe to make espresso, how to understand grinder calibration, and taste your espresso to learn how to best evaluate the characteristics of a well extracted shot. You will finish with milk steaming; learning how to create micro foam and pouring simple latte art, with the option of using milk alternatives.
The course is taught on a La Marzocco Linea PB. There are a variety of home espresso machines on the market so we feel it is best to learn espresso-brewing principles in a practical environment with professional equipment, which can be applied to their personal setup at home.
We will send you a card with details of the event, be it yourself or a gift.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
- As much coffee as you can drink
- Origin Coffee tote bag
- Complementary 250g bag of coffee, from our mainstay coffee portfolio
- 20% off brewing equipment, online discount code
- 20% off hot food at Southwark, valid for one meal only (show confirmation email to barista)
- 2 hours
- Origin Coffee Roasters, 84 Scoresby Street, Southwark, London, SE1 0XN
- Get directions
- You will be instructed using La Marzocco Linea PB Espresso machines
- Both dairy and milk alternatives are available to use on the day.
- Maximum of four people on a course. Course needs a minimum of 2 people to run
- We will contact you at least a week before if the class needs rescheduling
If there are no suitable dates showing, please contact us for further information.